Saturday, November 30, 2013

A tutorial

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I did lots of cooking and eating, so I am on a guilt trip for overeating and vowing to get back to my healthier way of cooking. I really do not diet anymore, but I do try to watch my portion sizes and eat lots of vegetables. I did try some new recipes that I found through pinterest and wow! Oh so good!
For this tutorial I am going to let the pictures do the talking. I am still into layering, so making lots of bangles are a must. I am sharing the basic single bangle. I made these on the thin side, they can be chunkier by just wrapping until it is the thickness you want it to be. If you have any questions just ask in the comment section at the end of the post. I am going to be changing the way I get comments, so I do not miss any questions.

IMG_6344
Lets get started!

                                       IMG_6290

IMG_6295

On some of the bracelets I wrapped two pipe cleaners together.

  IMG_6299

IMG_6303

IMG_6304

At this point you can add embroidery stitches, beads, buttons or what ever else you can think of.



IMG_6307

IMG_6308

So the bracelets are comfortable be sure to crimp the wires into the pipe cleaner before wrapping with yarn.

IMG_6309
This Bracelet I crocheted a chain of embroidery floss and that is what was used for wrapping.
IMG_6310

You can work your ends back through with a needle or just tie off. There is still room for embellishment or just keep it simple. The pipe cleaners make a great base to wrap on.
Use a little glue here and there if need be.

IMG_6358

IMG_6329

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the pipe cleaner idea! ;)) Thank you for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete

About This Blog


Popular Posts

Labels