Wednesday, April 1, 2009

In The Studio



Since last week I decided to put down the clay and pick up the paint brush. I have a number of paintings in the works. I do it this way because it gives me a chance to see what needs to be changed. Sometimes I may paint a face three time before I decide it is ok. I am also working on some jewelry, but I am not happy enough with it to share yet. I took one of my dolls that was made of paper clay and sanded the face completely off. It was hard for me to do that because she has so much embellishment going on, but her face just didn't work for me. That is what makes paper clay so great. I also painted a mermaid on muslin. This will be a textile collage. The fairy with the roses is going to be very embellished. A dimensional piece. I hope everyone is having a creative week.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog


Popular Posts

Labels