Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A Seaside Fairy

 

DSC_0613

It was a beautiful sunrise and I found myself not wanting to leave even after the sun was up, So I found a rock climbed up and decided to sit for a while and drink my coffee. I spotted something out the corner of my eye in the sand and decided to take a little walk and check it out. Is that what I think it is?

DSC_0582

I get closer and it flies off into the rocks. At this point I am pretty sure it’s a bird, but maybe not!

 

DSC_0583

No it’s not a bird. Oh Wow! I can’t believe it. A Sea Fairy! I have heard of them, but never in a million years did I think I would see one. She was not young, but still very pretty. She looked so kind and wise. At this point I can not believe what I am seeing and trying to take in all the tiny details. I am wondering if she lives in the rocks. Maybe in that hole next to where she is standing.

 

DSC_0585

I just can’t get over how interesting she looks. She is holding a starfish in one tiny little hand and a shell in the other. She sparkles like the beach as the waves hit the shoreline and the sun shines its rays on the wet sand making it look like glitter. She really does look like her surroundings! I try to get a little closer to see the details of her clothing. She is wearing lots of little trinkets she must have found that people lost while spending a day at the beach. I see a piece of sea glass. shells, pearls, and a seagull's feather wrapped with pearls. She is dripping with some kind of fibers at the bottom of her dress and attached to the fibers are shells and trinkets of some kind. I wish I could get a little closer. She is just so hard to see because she is so small. I am guessing maybe 4 or 5 inches in height. Her head is about the size of a penny. I think what I find to be so interesting is her little yellow wings.

 

DSC_0589

 

DSC_0581

 

 

DSC_0592

 

 

DSC_0594

 

DSC_0595

 

 

DSC_0596

 

DSC_0598

 

DSC_0599

 

 

DSC_0602

 

DSC_0584

 

I hope I get a chance to see another little Sea Fairy soon! If there is one there must be more hiding in those rocks!

1 comment:

About This Blog


Popular Posts

Labels