Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fairy Shoes


One day I was searching the web and ran across a pair of fairy shoes and I just had to make a pair. This is the first pair but it will definitely not be the last. they are two and half inches long. I still would like them to be a little bit smaller. It was just so much fun! I have been sculpting for three weeks. Stopping only to eat and sleep. I have managed to keep up with my New Years resolution of being in the studio by 6:00 am. I am hoping all this hard work will pay off with some new and improved skills. I have pulled out every sculpting book I have and am trying new things.
My tip if the week: After smoothing with the hand sanitizer and before the clay goes in the oven I use cornstarch to smooth the clay a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog


Popular Posts

Labels