Friday, July 9, 2021

It’s Time To Blog Again!


 Yes I will be switching back to spending some of my time here on the old blog! I am back to making dolls. My focus is on embroidery and trying to make a pretty face. I am also trying to experiment with different fabrics for my dolls. The above is Osnburg. I love the fabric for its natural characteristic, but the weave is too loose for me. I stuff my dolls with wool and when stuffing it pulls apart at the seams so that’s not going to be an option. But overall I love the look that I am coming up with. I wanted it to be a little bit more simple with focus on hair and clothing, I have reworked my body pattern a number of times but still have not come up with desired effect, so I’ll just keep on working on it till I get it.

Lilly has been trying her hand at a little sewing on the old hand crank sewing machine and doing a really good job at it. I have two treadle sewing machines and two hand-crank sewing machines so this past week we have been cleaning all of the machines and giving each one a much needed oiling. I love Jones sewing machine for sewing my dolls because the stitches are so tight and small. I pieced one of my patterns and messed up, so I grabbed a seam reaper, the stitches were so tight I could not get it apart.It is an amazing machine!!!!! 
I really doubt many will visit this blog, but I like it here and here I will stay! I can load as many pictures or videos as I please. I will still post on Instagram but I find myself spending more and more less time on that platform. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog


Popular Posts

Labels